Learn what CEOs expect from their chief human resource officers in this checklist from Bloomberg Businessweek.
* Collaborating to design and communicate a vision for the company.
* Building a pipeline of qualified, energized people to fuel the company?s growth.
* Selling the company to the ?talent population,? in person, traditional media, and online.
* Reinforcing a culture that emphasizes ingenuity over irrelevant, one-size-fits-all metrics.
* Teaching all employees, starting with the CEO, to tell the truth at work.
* Shifting the HR function away from a break/fix model to an embedded function in every business segment.
* Installing just enough HR process to meet the company?s regulatory compliance needs but not so much that people are stymied or infantilized.
* Building a culture of collaboration that fuels every important program at the company.
* Asking team members every day for input on business activities, their own careers, and life in general -- not via a sterile, once-a-year employee engagement survey.
Source: Bloomberg Businessweek