This article accompanies Asian Appreciation.
According to 11,000 online survey responses from Chinese employees who represent a wide variety of job titles and industries:
* Nearly one-third of employees (29 percent) are fully disengaged.
* Although 55 percent definitely plan to stay with their employer, 16 percent are determined to leave, which has tripled since 2008 (5 percent).
* The top reasons workers quit their job are lack of career opportunities (26 percent), a desire for better compensation (17 percent) and a dislike of their work (16 percent).
* Most popular employee rewards and recognitions include financial rewards, promotion or advancement, training opportunities, overseas travel, international assignments (especially at company headquarters) and public recognition, such as annual banquets.
* Nearly one-third (32 percent) selected career development and training as the top factor that influences job satisfaction.
Source: Employee Engagement Report 2011 -- Beyond the Numbers: A practical approach for individuals, managers, and executives, BlessingWhite Inc.