This article accompanies Choosing Wisely.
In "Shaping Health Care Strategy in a Post-Reform Environment," the 16th annual Towers Watson/National Business Group on Health Employer Survey on Purchasing Value in Health Care, nearly 600 survey participants provided detailed information about their healthcare programs, their strategies and practices, and the results of their efforts to manage health-benefit costs and improve employee health.
The study's executive summary highlights company efforts to:
* Take bold actions to manage costs and offer affordable care;
* Engage all stakeholders in costs and care;
* Set company sights on bigger changes ahead;
* Improve workforce health; and
* Link benefits, health and productivity.