Here are some of the best online sites for HR leaders without legal training who are seeking compliance information or legal insight.
* American Benefits Council's news on breaking compliance policy issues
* BenefitsLink.com, Inc.'s newsletters on health and welfare plans and retirement plans
* Cornell University Law School's U.S. Code collection
* Cornell University's Industrial and Labor Relations' Center for Advanced Human Resource Studies
* Employee Benefits Library prepared by attorney Carol Calhoun
* ERISA Industry Council's news on breaking compliance policy issues
* U.S. Department of Labor's publications and reports
Thanks to Dave Baker, editor and publisher of BenefitsLink.com, Inc., based in Winter Park, Fla., for his assistance.