This article accompanies And Mother, Too.
Here's a list of the most common forms of relocation assistance for employees with elder-care issues, according to Family Issues 2008, a study by Worldwide ERC, a Washington-based membership organization for the relocation industry.
* 16 percent -- relocating an elderly parent living with the employee
* 12 percent -- offering a pre-tax, flexible-spending plan for elder-care expenses
* 12 percent -- providing a list of elder-care facilities and programs in the new location
* 10 percent -- offering written materials
* 7 percent -- presenting workshops on elder care
* 3 percent -- agreeing to relocate parents or relatives if they move to the same community.