Building a Better Boss: Engaging Managers to Inspire and Engage Workers
Date: August 13, 2014
Time: 2:30 p.m. ET
Study after study has established that the single most important factor in employee productivity, quality, morale and retention is the relationship between employee and manager. Yet recent research from Bruce Tulgan and RainmakerThinking Inc. finds that “The Under-management Epidemic,” first revealed in their 2004 landmark study, rages on 10 years later. According to the study, nine out of 10 leaders and managers are not providing their direct reports with sufficient guidance, support and coaching.
Wherever it occurs in an organization, under-management has huge costs:
Unnecessary problems occur,
• Problems that could have been solved easily turn into bigger problems,
• Resources are squandered,
• People do their basic tasks incorrectly without even knowing it,
• Low performers hide and collect paychecks,
• Mediocre performers struggle because they need help,
• High performers get frustrated and leave, and
• Managers spend too much time on tasks that should be delegated.
Bruce Tulgan and his company, RainmakerThinking Inc., have been conducting research on supervisory relationships in the workplace for 20 years. Bruce has worked with hundreds of HR leaders to help them recognize and combat under-management in their organizations. In addition, Bruce has counseled thousands of managers in organizations of all types and sizes on how to work closely with HR to get the tools, training and techniques necessary to practice the fundamentals of management very well.
After this webinar, participants will be able to:
Recognize the signs of under-management (hint: It is often hidden in
• Help leaders in your organization foster strong, highly engaged leadership at all levels.
As a bonus for registering and attending, Achievers will provide participants with a complimentary report titled The Secret Weapon to Driving Employee Success.
Please join us in what is sure to be an informative event.
Space is limited, so register today!